Virtual Visits with Televisit
What is a Televisit-
- Televisits is not a replacement of traditional medicine; it is an extension of our traditional model of care. The Televisit allows our Doctors or Nurse Practitioners to diagnose and treat patients who are away at college, on vacation, or unable to make it to the office. From your computer or with the Healow app and a compatible mobile device, you can have a face-to-face conversation with a Doctor or Nurse Practitioner from the convenience of your home, hotel, or where ever you may be traveling.
*You must be web enabled on the Patient Portal to schedule a Televisit. If you are not, please ask our receptionist to web enable your account. To use your mobile device, download the Healow app, search for our practice using this unique code – HJBDAA, and login in with your Patient Portal credentials.
How it works
- Call our office to schedule an appointment for a Televisit. After your appointment is scheduled you will receive an email confirmation with a link. You can either use the link provided in your email or the Healow app on your mobile device.
- Ten minutes before your scheduled appointment, click on the link in your email or open the Healow app on your mobile device, and fill out a brief questionnaire about your visit.
You will then be connected to a doctor or nurse practitioner via 2-way video from your computer or smartphone. Your doctor or nurse practitioner will diagnose your condition, answer your questions, and, if needed, send a prescription to your preferred pharmacy.
*Prescription availability is dependent on the doctor’s or nurse practitioner’s judgment and, if out of state, may be restricted by state regulations.
- Remote visits are a good way to get treatment for many minor medical conditions, including: acne, bites or stings, birth control pill consultations, cough, congestion, runny nose, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fever, headaches, hives, pink eye, lice, skin infections, sprains and strains, travel medications, and much more.
If you have a medical emergency, please dial 911 immediately and do not attempt to receive treatment via a remote visit.
Telemedicine Appointment Policies
Policies for Televisit appointments are the same as in-office appointments:
- When making a Televisit, appointment fees are due at the time the appointment is scheduled.
- 10 min prior to your appointment time click on the email link you have been sent or use the healow mobile app and your mobile device to start your Televisit.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call the office at least 2 hours ahead of appointment time to avoid any no-show fees.
- Logging onto your Televisit is the same as signing-in when in the office. If you are not online and checked in at the time of your visit, we will have to reschedule your appointment and there may be a no-show fee charged.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our office at 818-996-6000.